Thursday, July 12, 2007

How is your summer shaping up?

Well here in ND it is shaping up to be a doozy! The kids are already complaining that it is too hot to go outside and too hot to stay inside, so what are they to do? lol

Leave it up to my kids to say something like that and leave me in a bind. I shall love them dearly as I am throwing a fit about their obtusiveness!

Then we are planning on a birthday party on the 31st. Yes my middle guy will be 6! (Sniff Sniff) They are growing so fast!

Of course the only thing he wants is Spiderman, Spiderman, Spiderman! Gag me please. I have been going through this for over 3 years now with him and he is just as stubborn as I am about it. You would think that he would have found something else to worship by now! But alas the curtains, sheets, comforter, clothes, underwear, shoes and toys are all spiderman! The kid would literally walk around wearing spiderman everyday if I didn't make him wear something else every now and then.

I suppose I really shouldn't be surprised as I was one of those kids that obsessed over one character for years - Barbie! Well and Strawberry shortcake later on. But I didn't have every new toy and invention that came on the market back then. I got a select few and had to drool over the rest!

But little does my child know that he is already getting a spiderman fold out chair for his birthday. I picked one up when we were in Wisconsin for him. Then hid it before they got back home when we got back. hehehe I am just so sneaky. He really thinks that I haven't bought him anything yet and is pouting about it everyday. Poor thing.

I am just wondering what theme I should have for his party. Spiderman, you think? Would be the most obvious of solutions, but gets boring after the second year. We shall see.

Well that is all for now.

Catcha Later!
JennyB

0 opinions: