Friday, March 16, 2007

Use Big Words! - Joke

I will just briefly apologize for the profanity at the end, but I just couldn't resist sharing this little story/joke with all of you! I have had experience with the language thing with my own children in school already, so this one really struck a chord with me. I have been giggling for the last couple of minutes since I received this little email. thanks cris!

Here goes:



The new first-graders were trying very hard to adjust. The biggest hurdle
they faced was that the teacher insisted on "NO baby talk!"



"You need to use 'Big People' words," she was always reminding them.

She asked Chris what he had done over the weekend? "I went to visit my
Nana."



"No, you went to visit your GRANDMOTHER. Use 'Big People' words!"

She then asked Mitchell what he had done "I took a ride on a choo-choo."



She said, "No, you took a ride on a TRAIN. You must remember to use 'Big
People' words."

She then asked little Alec what he had done? "I read a book," he replied.



"That's WONDERFUL!" the teacher said. "What book did you read?"




[I love this]






Alec thought real hard about it, then puffed out his little chest with great
pride, and said, "Winnie the SHIT."


0 opinions: