Thursday, March 22, 2007

Re: Google is Taking Over!

narendra shenoy said...
I do agree with you. Google's omnipresence is scary, to say the least. I'm smelling another microsoft in the making. Thus far, atleast, Google has been a pretty cool company, not overtly money grubbing like Microsoft is, but theres nothing like a few easy dollars to make people arrogant and insensitive. Wish Google had some decent competition

March 22, 2007 9:02:00 AM CST


This is my reply to Narendra: Please read on


jenbriese said...
Thank you Narendra, I couldn't have summed it up better myself! That is what I fear is happening too.

After I saw them buying up ad space all over the internet, and then for some reason, buying Youtube.com for a couple of Billion dollars, they are now everywhere! You can't click on a single page on the internet it seems without seeing their logo staring back at you.

At least if they are going to monopolize the market get some new logos and division out your company a little. Yes, I do have to admit that as most people that work there have said it is one of the best places to work.

They can afford to pay for all the private chefs in the staff cafeteria and the fancy lunch rooms. The corner offices with huge windows, and all the bean bags, or massages chairs that their employees want because they are raking in the dough hand over fist...and they want to keep the people that have made that all possible, their employees, happy.

It just would be nice if someone would stand up and say that they were better, faster, smarter, than Google and prove it. hmmm...we will see I guess.

Thanks for the comment!
JennyB

March 22, 2007 4:36:00 PM CST


I wanted to share this comment with all of you to see what you all think of Google? Do you like AdSense? Do you think that Google should have some competition out there or should the Nation,and we as internet users, stand up for the little guys and make some room for other companies to stand out among the giants?

I for one really don't want to see any more monopolies on our marketplaces than are already in place, even if it is on the internet. We all use the internet! The only people that I know that don't log on everyday are my G&G's who are early 70's and could really care less for computers, and my in-laws and that is because their computer doesn't work and I am too busy on my own to let them use mine. Selfish, I know, but true.

So what are we to do? Should Google as the so called 'Good Guys' take over the marketplace, or should they not? I don't really know the right answer, I just don't seem to think that it is really fair.

Fairness seems to be an issue with me lately...

Ponder about it.
JennyB

0 opinions: